WordPress – Add Pages
Adding pages in WordPress is the same as adding posts in WordPress. Pages are fixed content and often do not change its displayed information. Followings are the steps to add pages in your Word Press.
- Click on Pages from the left panel of the dashboard and then click on add new as shown in the image.
- You will see the editor page as seen in the given screenshot. The editor page has two tabs, Text and Visual. You can insert text in either of these. Here, you will get information about inserting text into Visual format.
It is used to write the title of the Page, which is later displayed on the top of the article page.
Permalink displays the potential URL for the page below the title. The URL creates as per the given title. Here is the example is given in image.
WYSIWYG is the tool which is similar to a word processor interface. It enables you to edit the contents of the post.
Following are the advantages present in the WYSIWYG editor −
- Bold Button − This button is used to bold your font.
- Italic − This is used to italicize the font.
- Word Strike − It allows the user to strikes through the content.
- Bullet List, − It enables the user to adds bullets to post.
- Number List − Like bullet list, it enables the user to adds numbers to the list of the content.
- Blockquote − It is used to quotes specific the text of your post.
- Horizontal Line − It creates a horizontal line between sentences or paragraph.
- Left Align − it aligns the content on the left side of the page.
- Right Align − it aligns Sets the content to the right side of the page.
- Justify − It allow to justifies the content of the page.
- Add Link − It allows to add a link to your content. When you click on this button, the given page gets displayed.
Following are the fields exists in the Insert/edit link.
- URL − You can enter URL that you want to link.
- Link text − It inserts the text you want to enter into the link.
- Open link in a new window/tab − It open your link page into the new tab or window. Check the box as required.
- Or link to existing account − It is used to link to an existing content page by selecting the page from the given list. When you click on the existing page then you see a link created in the URL section as viewed in the following screenshot.
- Remove Link − it deletes the specific link added for text or content.
- Read more tag − It adds Read More tag to your page.
- Toolbar toggle − Clicking on this you will get another list of the toolbar as displayed in the following image.
- Paragraph − It selects the headings as needed for the text from the dropdown.
- Underline − It underlines the texts.
- Text Color − It sets the color for words or sentences.
- Paste as Text − It pastes your text.
- Clear Formatting − It deletes all the formats of selected content.
- Special character − It inserts special characters required in your content.
- Increase Indent − It increases the intent of the page.
- Decrease Indent − It decreases the intent of the page.
- Undo − It reverses the most recent modification.
- Redo − It is the opposite of undoing, restores the most recent modifications.
It is space for writing your content an article.
By clicking on it, you can publish the page to the readers on the website.
Page attributes module enables you to pick the parents for your specific page. You can also set order of the pages.
- Parent − It enables you to select parent linked page of that page.
- Order − It sets the order of the page.
It includes the images of your page.