Being a very lightweight database management system, SQLite is very popular. No administration was required for operating a program in SQLite. However, it can only handle low to medium traffic HTTP requests. Also, the size of the database is usually restricted to 2GB. Even with these limitations, the SQLite advantages have gained more attention from the users. Some of the SQLite advantages are listed below:
Lightweight database management system:
- Easy to use as embedded software with various electronic devices.
- Very flexible.
- Fast reading and writing operations.
- Loads only the required data and not the entire file.
- Only overwrite the edited parts of a file and not the entire file.
- Facilitates an efficient way for data storage.
- Variable column length of columns thus allows allocating only the spaces that a field needs.
Installation not Needed:
- Easy to learn.
- No need to install.
- No Configuration Required.
- Setup or administration not required.
- Contents are continuously updated.
- Less bug-prone than custom-written I/O code files.
- Smaller queries than equivalent procedural codes.
- Portable across all 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems and big- and little-endian architectures.
- Facilitates work on multiple databases on the same session at the same time.
- Cross-platform DBMS.
- Available on both UNIX (Linux, Mac OS-X, Android, iOS) and Windows (Win32, WinCE, WinRT).
- No compatibility issue with any programming languages.
- Facilitates API for a large range of programming languages.
- Facilitates simple and easy-to-use API.
- Accessible through a wide variety of third-party tools.
- More likely to be recoverable if data has been lost.
- Data in SQLite lives longer than code.
Reduce Cost and Complexity:
- Free to use.
- No license required to work with SQLite.
- Doesn’t require a different server process or system to operate and is thus Serverless.
- No need for lengthy and error-prone procedural queries.
- Content can be accessed and updated using concise SQL queries.
- Can be easily extended in future releases.
- Preserves the backwards compatibility.