After becoming an important part of our life, our smartphones often store our most sensitive information. Mobile banking is one of the tasks that we perform on our Android device. Such tasks can get malware on our smartphone or tablet, and it can be a very serious issue. The question here that arises is whether or not to store our private data on our phone in the era of data leaks and constant threats to our privacy. The answer is simple, we need to store our private data on our phone but after safeguarding it with some robust mobile security apps. Thus, we need to install the best Android antivirus apps in our Android device.
List of best Android Antivirus apps:
- Avast Mobile Security
- BitDefender Antivirus Free
- Norton Security & Antivirus
- AVG Antivirus
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
- Sophos Mobile Security
- Security Master
- DFNDR Security
- McAfee Mobile Security & Lock
- Avira Antivirus Security
- 360 Security
Avast Mobile Security:
According to AV-Test, Avast Mobile Security is the top-rated Android malware. It provides complete protection against any virus and spyware and protects a lot of users worldwide, with just one tap. The infected or dangerous apps and trojans are scanned by the antivirus engine. Avast also facilitates a free version for Android. This version has incredible features to provide all-round protection against viruses and other threats that can affect our Android device.
- App observe the time we spent on each app
- Web shield for safe web browsing
- Junk Cleaner for wiping cache and residual files
Bitdefender Antivirus Free:
Bitdefender Antivirus Free is a powerful lightweight antivirus app that offers real-time protection and scans apps as they are installed. It uses in-the-cloud scanning technology which provides it a super-fast scanning ability to protect against all the major Android threats.
- An integrated VPN for accessing blocked websites
- Support for Android Wear devices
- Web protection for scanning malware, adware, during browsing
Norton Security & Antivirus:
With almost 100% detection rate Norton Security & Antivirus app removes spyware, malware, or Android viruses, that slow down our device. To prevent data theft, it can remotely lock our device. It also blocks unwanted calls or SMS. The stand-alone apps such as password manager and app locker, are also provided by the Norton Security & Antivirus app. These apps are available for free in the Play Store.
- Wi-Fi scanning facility to notify about unsecured connections
- Safe search for unsafe websites during browsing
- Call blocking for unwanted calls
AVG Technology developed a robust antivirus software tool and named it as AVG Antivirus. Periodic scans, junk cleaner, Wi-Fi security, ram booster, power saver, call blocker, etc, are the standard functions facilitated by this Antivirus. The AVG Antivirus provides some of its important features for a trial period of 14 days only. AVG Secure, AVG Cleaner, Alarm Clock Xtreme, and Gallery app are some of the AVG Antivirus add-on apps available for free.
- Dual-engine antivirus for removing viruses and other malicious content.
- Performance-boosting features for extending battery life.
Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus:
Being one of the best antivirus apps for Android smartphones, Kaspersky security app comes in both a free and paid version. Manual scanning of apps for viruses and malware is required by the free version of the Kaspersky security app. To provide extra protection to our essential apps, anti-theft, anti-phishing, real-time protection, and an app locker are facilitated by the premium version of the Kaspersky security app.
- Find my phone feature for locating our phone, if lost.
- Strong protection against malware, trojans, and viruses.
- Block unwanted and spam calls using a call filter.
Sophos Mobile Security:
Being excellent free security for Android phones, the Sophos Mobile Security app includes various rich features without any ads. Along with a security adviser to provide advice on how to improve device security, this app also facilitates features like loss and theft protection, call blocker, authenticator, etc.
- Protect apps with a passcode.
- Block malicious websites using web filtering.
- Call protection for blocking spam calls.
- Wi-Fi security to protect us from look-up by middlemen.
Being an updated version of the original CM Security app of Android, Security Master keeps our phone safe from the virus. Also, no malware can get into our phones. Security features such as scanner, app locker, Wi-Fi security, message security, junk cleaner, Wi-Fi security, notification cleaner, phone booster, CPU cooler, call blocker, battery saver, etc, are also included in the free version of the Security Master app.
- Message security for hiding notification previews.
- Safe-connect VPN for accessing those websites which are blocked in our region.
Being an all-in-one phone protection app, DFNDR security keeps the performance of our smartphone to be optimized. Along with features like anti-phishing and anti-hacking, this security app also speeds up our internet connection by closing the background apps. The free version of the DFNDR security displays ads which can be annoying. To go ad-free, we can go for a yearly subscription (paid).
- Anti-phishing and anti-hacking protection feature.
- Fast cleanup to remove cache and junk files.
- AppLock to lock apps with fingerprint technology and passcode.
McAfee Mobile Security & Lock:
Advanced features including security lock, Wi-Fi security, anti-theft features, battery optimizer, memory cleaner, etc., are also present in the free version of the McAfee Android antivirus app. Even after carrying a complicated setup after opting for the pro version, this app won many awards since its release.
- Remotely wipe data in case of loss or theft of a mobile phone.
- Support for Android wear devices
- Anti-theft uninstall protection to stop a thief from uninstalling the antivirus app.
- Thief cam for capturing the photographs of the thief.
Avira Antivirus Security:
Along with providing antivirus and privacy protection, Avira Antivirus Security also includes the feature to scan external storage media. It thus displays the way each app rates on a privacy scale. This app can track the location of a phone when necessary, using a “cell phone tracker”. Camera protection, additional browser security, etc., are extra protection that is available with the premium versions.
- Web-based malware protection.
- Camera and Mic protection for security against peep attacks.
360 Security facilitates major features such as junk cleaner, antivirus protection, speed booster, CPU cooler, lock screen, which has multiple functions, anti-theft protection, etc., which makes it one of the best antiviruses for Android phones.
- Call and SMS filter.
- Secrete selfie camera to capture the picture on anyone who is trying to break into our phone.
- Speed booster for gaming experience and cleaning up the RAM of the phone.