Developed by Google, the Android File Transfer app is used for Macintosh computer (Mac OS X 10.7 or higher). To view and transfer files between our Mac and the Android device (Android 3.0 or later), the Android File Transfer is used.
Download and Install:
- We will first download the Android File Transfer app.
- We will now open the AndroidFileTrasnsfer.dmg.
- The Android File Transfer will then be dragged to Applications.
- Using the USB cable that comes with the Android device, we will connect our Android device with our Mac.
- We will then double click on the Android File Transfer.
- Choose help > Android File Transfer, to learn more about how to browse files and folder on our Android device, copy files up to 4GB to or from our Mac, add folders, delete files, and more.
Android File Transfer for Windows computer:
We don’t need extra software Android File Transfer for Windows, to connect our Android device. Using a USB cable, we can simply plug and play functionality with the Android device and Windows.
- To view the notification about the current USB connection, swipe the finger from the top of the screen.
- It may display that our phone is connected only for charging, at this stage.
- Tap the notification.
- Select “File transfer” or “Transfer files” in the displayed menu. Go to the desktop.
- Click the File Explorer icon located in the taskbar.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click the option “This PC” or “Computer”.
- Or click the “This PC”, “Computer” or “My Computer” icon on the computer.
Android File Transfer for Mac computer:
- Plug in the phone into the computer after placing the Android File Transfer application on the Mac.
- Turn the phone’s screen and unlock the device.
- Now check the USB status notification.
- Tap the notification.
- For the Android File Transfer program to automatically open on the Mac, select the “Transfer files” or “File transfer”.
- The Commander One Pro can be used as an alternate third-party app in case the Android File Transfer program doesn’t work properly.
How to fix the Android File Transfer if not working for Mac?
We can troubleshoot the Android File Transfer program, if it does not work properly to transfer files between the Android device and Mac. First install the Android File Transfer for Mac app on the computer. Connect to the phone then. The devices are expected to automatically recognize each other, connect, and sync. A message can display sometimes, “Could not connect to the device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device”.
Android File Transfer for Chrome OS computer:
- Using any USB port, connect the Android phone to the Chromebook, just like in Windows system.
- Tap the USB charging notification on the phone.
- Select “File transfer” or “Transfer files”.
- Select “Transfer photos” or “PTP”, which extremely focuses on multimedia files, in case you want your phone to act as a camera.
- Thus, we can keep back-up of all our phone’s media files to Google Drive. It can also be dismissed. We can simply drag and drop files in either direction as required.