For texting (SMS, MMS) and chat (Rich Communication Services RCS), Google developed the app Android Messages. We can thus send messages to anyone and anywhere, as it is reliable and rich in the chat app. To stay in touch with friends and family, send group texts, and share pictures, emoji, GIFs, stickers, audio, and video messages, the Android Messages is a great app. The Android Messages app provides and supports various features. We have discussed some of these below.
- Clean, intuitive, and comfortable design: An instant notification, smart replies, and fresh new design are the features of the Android messages which helps in making communication faster and more fun. We can also use Messages comfortably in low-light situations, in the dark mode. The Android devices with Android 5.0 Lollipop and above, supports the Android Message app.
- Easy sharing of Pictures and Videos: The pictures and videos can be sent directly from the application. Thus sharing is easy. Audio messages can also be sent through the Android Message app.
- Powerful search feature: By tapping the search icon, we can find more of the contact shared in our conversations, i.e, we can select a specific contact to view our messaging history and the addresses, photos, videos, or links we shared with each other.
- Richer conversations: We can send audio messages, emoji, stickers, or our location and can also send and receive payments through Google Pay.
- Chat features (RCS): The messages can be sent and received over Wi-Fi or our data network. It is also possible to view when the person on the other side of the communication is typing or when they have read our message, share images and videos in high quality, and more.
- Google at our fingertips: We can easily ask the Google Assistant for helpful information, right from our conversation, with Android Messages.