Introduction to Android:
Android is an operating system developed by Google. It is modified version of Linux kernel and other open source software. Today android used in many electronic devices like touchscreen mobile, tablets, android TV, Android Auto for cars, and Android watches, each with a specialized user interface. Android are also used on game, digital cameras other electronics.
1. Initially, Google’s supported integrated development environment (IDE) or development tool was Eclipse using the Android Development Tools (ADT) plugin, In December 2014, Google released Android Studio, based on IntelliJ IDEA, Now its primary IDE for Android application development.
2. Android App are written using the Android software development kit (SDK). We extend the functionality of devices using SDK.
3. The SDK includes a complete set of following development tools:
- Software libraries
- Handset emulator based on QEMU
- Sample code
4. There are 2.8 million apps(March 2017) available on Google Play store, which can be use by users by downloading and installing the application’s APK (Android application package) file, or by downloading them using an application store program that allows users to install, update, and remove applications from their devices. Google Play Store is the primary application store installed on Android devices that comply with Google’s compatibility requirements and license the Google Mobile Services software. Google Play Store allows users to look, download and update applications published by Google and third-party developers.
5. User devices are digitally signed with certificates whose private keys need to be kept very carefully by the developer of the applications. By certificates of application, the Android OS identify the author of an application and relationships between developers and their applications.