MongoDB advantages / benefits over RDBMS
MongoDB is a NoSQL type of database, i.e a non relational database, which is used to store and retrieve data in other than tabular relations model, i.e, without using tables and is thus used to store big data and real-time web applications. There are several advantages of MongoDB over RDBMS, including:
- MongoDB can be used for big and complex data, mobile and social infrastructure, content management and delivery, user data management and data hub.
- MongoDB is a more simpler and easy to use database server, when compared to those of relational databases.
- The Master Slave replication feature of MongoDB increases the rate of data reliability.
- MongoDB facilitates fast data storage and retrieval functionalities.
- In MongoDB, no schema compatibility issue arises during database migrations.
- MongoDB facilitates efficient Horizontal Scalability.
- MongoDB is an open source database server product and is thus customizable with the requirement.
- MongoDB facilitates automatic load balancing configuration.
- MongoDB supports multiple servers execution and still provides high performance.