MongoDB Features / Advantages:
MongoDB is known as a document oriented database server. In more simple words, we can define it as an open source database server product which is used for document oriented storage. It is often called as a NoSQL Database server. MongoDB gained popularity due to its several unique features, including:
- MongoDB is a more simpler and easy to use database server, when compared to those of relational databases.
- The Master Slave replication feature of MongoDB increases the rate of data reliability.
- MongoDB facilitates fast data storage and retrieval functionalities.
- In MongoDB, no schema compatibility issue arises during database migrations.
- MongoDB facilitates efficient Horizontal Scalability.
- MongoDB is an open source database server product and is thus customizable with the requirement.
- MongoDB facilitates automatic load balancing configuration.
- MongoDB supports multiple servers execution and still provides high performance.