PNR:- Passenger Numerical Record
The full form of the term PNR stands for Passenger Name Record. In the airline and travel industries, a Passenger Name Record is a record in the database of a Computer Reservation System (CRS) that consists of the personal information for a passenger and also contains the itinerary for the passenger or a group of passengers traveling together. The concept of a Passenger Name Record was first introduced by airlines that needed to exchange reservation information in case passengers required flights of multiple airlines to reach to their destination.
There are five parts of a Passenger Name Record:
- The name of the passenger
- Contact information for the airline office or travel agent.
- Ticketing details it can be a ticket number or a ticketing time limit
- Itinerary of at least one segment, which must be the same for all passenger listed.
- Name of the person giving the details or making the booking.