Amines are the derivatives of the ammonia compound. These derivatives are formed by the replacement of the hydrogen atom of ammonia by the alkyl or the aryl groups. The amines thus produced are classified into different amines. The amines are basically classified as primary, secondary and tertiary amines depending upon the number of the alkyl or the aryl groups bonded to the nitrogen atom. The amines are formed by several processes like reduction and reaction with amides.
Different uses of amines:
- The amines uses have great implications in our day to day life. We are surrounded with different amine products around us.
- The amines are widely used in the purification process of water. The amines are added subsequently in a proper concentration to the water boilers. The amines thusreact with the water and purify the boiling water.
- The amines are widely used in the preparation of medicines. They are also used in the making of disinfectants.
- The amines are also used in the making of the insecticides for killing the insects around our houses and apartments. The amines servean important purpose in the preparation of the pesticides.
- The amines are widely used for the making of amino acids the amino acids are also known as the building blocks for the human bodies and other living beings. The amino acids are used in protein synthesis. The amines are also used for the preparation of different varieties of vitamins.
- The methyl amines are used in the making of different hair dyes and hair-remover tanners. The methyl amines are also used in the production of detergents. They also serve in the making of refrigerants, hence the refrigerant industries make wide use of amines.
- The diazonium salts are widely used in the making of aromatic compounds. They are also used in the making of azo dyes in the dye industries. They are used on a large scale for the dying of cotton.
- Serotonin is one of the types of amines. The serotonin is widely used as primary neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are important for the control of hunger. They are also responsible to control the speed of brain functioning. The researchers and scientists are working on their best to make these products, which may help the needy patients of hunger problems. Also,patients with brain processing issues also get help from Serotonin.
- The amines are also used by pharmaceutical companies. The amines are used in the making of pain relievers. Some of the pain relievers like Morphine and Demerol are prepared using the amines. These are also famous as analgesics.